Professional Track Cyclist, Cycology Sabah Racing Team
Waldron Chee is a professional track cyclist, riding for Cycology Sabah Racing Team. He first grabbed headlines when he won the junior individual pursuit bronze medal at the Asian Cycling Championship in Jakarta in 2019 at a young age of 16. It will be an exciting 2022 for this hardworking cyclist as he has been selected to represent Malaysia in the Asian Championship in New Delhi and has been shortlisted for Asian Games in Hangzhou.
“I would highly recommend Beet It Sport to people wanting to maximise their performance both in training and races. From my experience, it has hugely helped me in my endurance effort such as during long rides and long intervals like the Threshold Power and VO2Max. Beet It Sport has really impressed me; I even felt it during my first time consuming it.”
Q&A With Waldron Chee
1. How did you get involved in cycling?
I used to play badminton and karate when I was a primary school kid. I bought my first bike when I came across a bicycle ad on Facebook in 2015, I stopped playing other sports and fell in love with cycling at the age of 13 and without any cycling family background. I took cycling seriously at the age of 15.
2. What are your best sporting achievements so far?
My best achievement in the sport of cycling is a bronze medal in the Asian Junior Track Cycling Championship in 2019 held in Jakarta, Indonesia. I took part in the 3km Individual Pursuit event.
3. What are your aspirations in cycling for 2022 and beyond?
To represent Malaysia in the Asian Games 2022 held in Hangzhou and the first rider to qualify for Olympic Games in endurance track cycling. I also aim to win a medal in the Asian Track Cycling Championship 2022 in India.
4. What motivates you to train and compete at the highest level?
A sport career is a privilege and youth only come once in a lifetime, so enjoy it while you can because opportunity only knocks once.
5. Describe your perfect weekend.
My usual weekend sounds like this,
- Sleeping in.
- Having a good big breakfast with good music in the background.
- Visits a new café or restaurant to have lunch with loved one.
- Then we go to the shopping complex or explore more Instagrammable places!
- Grocery shopping
- Pizza for dinner, or maybe a good ramen!
6. What are your main reasons for recommending Beet It Sport?
I would highly recommend Beet It Sport to people wanting to maximise their performance both in training and races. From my experience, it has hugely helped me in my endurance effort such as during long rides and long intervals like the Threshold Power and VO2Max. Beet It Sport has really impressed me; I even felt it during my first time consuming it.
7. Anything additional you would like to say about Beet It Sport?
Beet It Sport can help unleash the hidden performance in you.