Dr Norhasmat ‘Kep’ Abdul Aziz
National Masters Cyclist
PTD Officer at Ministry of Finance
1. How did you get involved in cycling?
2. What are your best sporting achievements so far?
I was the first Malaysian National Rider to win a gold medal at the UCI Asian Road Cycling Championships in 2018 in the following:
Event: Individual Time Trial
Venue: Nay Pyi Taw, Myanmar
I was also the first Malaysian National Rider to represent Malaysia in the UCI 2018 Masters Track Cycling World Championships held in Los Angeles, USA.
3. What are your aspirations in cycling for 2020 and beyond?
4. What motivates you to train and compete harder?
5. What is your secret to finding balance between work, family and sports?
I do the best I can as a full time government servant in the Ministry of Finance, as a son, as a husband of one and as a proud daddy of five. I may not be the strongest, I may not be the fastest but I’ll definitely do my hardest to be the best as an athlete especially when I am donning our national jersey.
6. What are your top three sport nutrition tips?
- Use measured proper carbo loading 3 hours before training & supplements to boost your energy.
- Electrolytes drink is a must while training.
- Use measured proper carbo and recovery drink after training.
7. What are your top three training tips?
- Eat clean
- Train dirty
- Sleep like a baby
8. Where did you hear about Beet It Sport?
9. Why do you use Beet It Sport and how has it helped you?
I’ve been consuming Beet It Sport since 2018. I use it an hour before my training and I’ve seen real improvements in my muscle development & training regime, especially in my performance stats (VO2 Max and FTP).
Before when I was not using Beet It Sport, after I’ve done a watt bike session e.g. 20 seconds maintain 600 watts then 40 seconds 300 watts, 4 times then easy pedalling for 10 minutes before the 2nd set, it would normally take my heart rate 4-5 minutes to drop to 120. After using Beet It Sport, I was amazed at my new average heart rate while training. My heart rate dropped faster than before from 160+ to 120, in less than 3 minutes after several interval trainings.